Saturday, November 14, 2020

Nanaimo bars

I'm not normally a 'bar' person.  I'm not sure why.  My mother rarely made bars, preferring to bake cakes or pies whenever a dessert was called for.  But Hubby is making a quick Mankato run to bring some documents to O (plus an old Xmas present we found while cleaning our closet - ha!) this afternoon, so I decided to bake something to share.

This is my go-to cookie cookbook.  I've made several recipes from it, and haven't been disappointed yet.

I chose this recipe for Nanaimo bars.  It seemed quick and easy, and we had all the ingredients on-hand.

It came out fairly well.  It doesn't look exactly like the photo, however -- my top is rougher than theirs, thanks to the coconut.  I did get distracted at the end of baking and left it in the oven a few minutes too long, so it's browner than it should be.  But overall it tastes good, and that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment