Thursday, November 12, 2020

House pics

Another snowy day.  We were forecast for half an inch, but we got 2-3 inches.  

The front yard.

The assessor visited this morning, taking all of ten minutes to wander around before bidding a cheerful goodbye.  I thought I would take advantage of the relative tidiness to grab a few photos of our house.

The kitchen.  The last of the fall apples in totes on the table.

The living room.  Computer desks against the far wall.

The living room again.

The sun room.  Piles of face masks on the piano.

I post these pics not only to show the house to those who have not seen it, but also to capture a moment in time.  I'm using this blog as a diary of goings-ons, memories and thoughts, something to enjoy in the present but also in the future.  Personally, I love looking at old photos of my childhood home.  My parents built the same house in three different locations, so it's essentially the same home.  

My dad, younger sister, and Patch.  Circa 1979.

I love nostalgia.  The 1970s house I grew up in was a wealth of funk and groove.  Wood paneled walls, brick fireplace, shag carpet, console TV in the family room.  Vinyl yellow spin chairs, avocado appliances, checkered linoleum and mushroom-shaped canisters in the kitchen.  Scandinavian modern furniture and scary Murano glass clowns in the living room. 

Valuable but terrifying.

Old photos jog my fading memory and bring a smile to my face.  So that's what I'm doing here, making a place that I, my family and loved ones can come for a visit and smile.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect...love looking at these old photos and the memories they invoke.

    ReplyDelete