Saturday, February 27, 2021

Cheeseburger buns

 The recipe for the aforementioned buns.


I've had this recipe for many years, but I can't remember exactly where it came from.  Obviously a magazine, but which one?  Probably either Taste of Home or Bon Appetit, the only two cooking magazines I ever had subscriptions too.  I'm guessing it's Taste of Home, as 'Cheeseburger Buns' seem a little low-brow for Bon Appetit.  Low-brow, but not low taste.  

You could experiment with the fillings, depending on what you had on hand.  It's kinda like a pastie, although the dough is different.  I prefer this bread-dough covering to the shortcrust covering of a traditional pastie.  It's lighter and sweeter.  Just make sure the filling is fully cooked before it goes inside the buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment