Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Worst films

As threatened, here is my list of least favorite movies.  These are movies that have gone beyond just bad, beyond just boring.  These are movies that I hate.  Movies that elicited a truly furious bile reaction in my soul when I watched them.  These are movies that are so terrible, so horrible that I would crawl through a field of steaming horse manure rather than watch again.

In no particular order:

1.    Sophie's Choice (1982)

2.    Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018)

3.    A Girl Named Sooner (a 1975 made-for-TV movie)

4.    Brazil (1985)

5.    Trainspotters (1996)

6.    Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)

7.    Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)

8.    The Road to Wellville (1994)

9.    THX 1138 (1971)

10.    Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)

Of course there are themes.  Death of innocents is a big one.  Dystopian hopeless future is another.  Comedies that are irritating instead of funny.  And Fantastic Beasts II is on there because I loved the original Fantastic Beasts so much, and was so looking forward to the sequel.  When I saw the resulting bleak dark nonsensical stupidness of it, I was very angry.  Many of the movies on this list made me feel angry in some way.

So, there you have it!  Whether you wanted it or not!  But enough of bad stuff.  Here's a picture of a cute sleepy Daniel to brighten our mood.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with your list..
    But I like crawling thru steaming piles of horse poop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would! :) I did make sure to say horse poo and not dog or pig poo. I'd watch the movies (with eyes and ears shut) before crawling through that. Ha!

    ReplyDelete