Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Decorating Part I

Our tree is up!  Better late than never.  On Saturday Hubby went to the lot in town and found the last remaining tree under 10' tall.  For the last one there, it's a pretty nice tree.  Hubby brought it inside, put it in the stand, got it straight and tightened the screws.  We placed an upside-down card table underneath the tree stand to protect the wood floor.

My job is the lights, the garland and the star topper.  The topper is a near-duplicate of my mother's star, which she got from her mother, and now belongs to my sister.  I got mine at a garage sale many years ago.  

Mum's had a blue light, rather than red.

After the lights and garland are up, I unpack all of the ornaments and lay them on the table.  

The boys hang the ornaments, picking their favorites first.  

G likes the colored balls best.  

B likes the glass candies and bells.  

I make sure a few of my favorites get on the tree, including ones with the boy's photos,

and a couple I made when I was a child.

Old Xmas card and Parkay margarine lid.

And we're not the only ones who enjoy the tree.  The cats love it too!  Fortunately they don't try to climb the branches, but rather they love drinking the piney water from the base.  So much better than the water from their own dish.

Busted!

 And voila!  One decorated tree, just waiting for presents.

Just ten more days til the big DAY!  Hopefully we'll get a few flakes before then so we can have a white Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your tree! I have so many memories from your ornaments and how you decorate with gold garland! I'm so bummed that I never saw it in person. I remember your deer pic in a lid ornament...I still covet the hinged snowman dec that you gave Mom and Dad...and your star is missing the middle bit! The main reason I wanted mom and dad's decorations was their star! Next year will be so different!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star has a middle bit, it just doesn't show in the photo. I'm so glad you have mom's star. Next year we'll do a pre-Xmas tour to see everyone's decorations!

    ReplyDelete