Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Sunday in St. Peter

Hubby, G, B and I ventured east to St. Peter on Sunday afternoon for a quick visit with my sister and her daughter.  Well, it wasn't so quick - we ended up yammering for over three hours!

First we stopped at the St. Peter Food Co-op and Deli to grab a picnic lunch.  The Co-op has great food, and sells a wide variety of organic groceries.  I had the chicken tarragon salad, Hubby had a schwarma, and G had a burrito.  B opted for McDonalds.  He is a follower of memes, and wanted to have the Travis Scott meal before it went away.  I couldn't care less about memes.  And who is Travis Scott?  Probably no one I need to know.

We've been members at the Co-op since moving out here, and probably visit about once a month.  Every year we buy a three gallon pail of honey from there in preparation for cold and flu season.  The Co-op gets their honey from Hendrycks Apiaries, about twenty miles from were we live.

After buying our lunches we went to the Linneaus Arboretum, a lovely place to visit.  I particularly love the Borgeson cabin and pioneer garden.  When we visited in 2014, we met Master Gardener Herb Chilstrom, who was tending the garden and actually created it in 2003.  I could have listened to him talk about gardening for hours.

Look how young G is!

We chose a nice gazebo and sat down to eat (socially distanced). And chatter.  And natter.  And prattle.  G bailed after a bee decided to befriend him, and went to sit in the car.  B got bored a while later and went to lay down on the grass.  But still my sister, daughter, Hubby and I talked away about anything and everything.

I shoot the gazebo with an arrow!  Hahaha!

Normally I'm not much of a talker.  I'm a devout introvert, I don't do small talk well, and I really enjoy silence.  I rarely listen to music while I'm driving, which drives Hubby crazy if he's in the passenger seat on a long car ride.

But get me and one or more of my siblings together, and all that quietness goes out the window.  I'm comfortable saying almost anything to them.  They can't get rid of me - we're related.  So Sunday afternoon was a fabulous chance to catch up and share and gossip and shoot the breeze.  We must, and will do it again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment