Friday, October 9, 2020

Trusty Singer

Back in March, when the Covid was first ramping up, I made a bunch of fabric masks for our family to use.  I have a near 30-year-old Singer sewing machine that's still going (mostly) strong.  I bought it in 1993, after my grandmother died at the age of 93.  At that time my father gave each of us kids money from her inheritance, and told us to get something in remembrance, that would last.  I decided to get a sewing machine.  

I think (hope) my grandmother would have approved.  The machine has certainly lasted, and has come in useful.  Over the years I've sewed dolls, pillowcases, baby bibs, curtains, table runners, Halloween costumes, a quilt, and mended the odd piece of clothing.  And this spring I made about twenty fabric masks.


Over the past six months (goodness, has it only been six months?) several of the masks have disappeared.  I suspect they're hanging out with all of the lost laundry socks.  So, it was time to make a few more.  I used these instructions, with a few adjustments.  Mainly, I made the masks bigger to fit our huge ginormous heads.

My sewing skills are lackluster, but I managed.  Let's hope I don't have to make any more of these six months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment