Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Frost

Frost is possible this evening.  This summer's garden has been a mix of good and bad.  Things started off well - I had a great crop of indoor-started veges (onions, lettuce, cukes, zukes, toms, peppers), transplanted outside successfully.  Direct-seeded veges (garlic, beans, melons, potatoes) were also doing well.  I had a few early failures (basil and kale) but I nothing I couldn't live without.

Then, in late June, it all went to pot.  I injured my hip, and was essentially bed-ridden for a few weeks.  Following that I've been on reduced mobility, walking only as much as I need to and certainly no climbing, kneeling, crouching, etc.  So essentially, I can't weed, dig, pull, or do anything else the garden needed.  Hubby helped as much as he could, but since he was also doing all of the cooking and cleaning and errands and whatnot, the garden went by the wayside.

We've harvested regularly, and we've managed to freeze a few bags of chopped garlic, peppers and tomatoes.  But not as much as I'd planned.

So, I'm not too worried about covering everything up with sheets this evening.  What happens, happens, and we'll find out about it tomorrow.

Cocozelle squash and VB Russian tom

No comments:

Post a Comment