Monday, June 13, 2022

Hermann and the Heat

It's another warm day.  Tomorrow will be warmer, into the 90s.  We may hit 100 on Sunday.

I really really don't like the hot.  It goes against my Viking blood.

We went to a grad party on Saturday at Hermann Heights.  It was a nice shindig, with friends and family and ice cream and hot dogs.  The grad party in the other gazebo had rented a taco truck for their event.  Holy moly, how much do people spend on these things?  I never had a grad party when I was finishing high school, and I'm not holding one for my kids.  They just seem like a not-so-subtle way to have people give you money.  We'll throw a party for G sometime this summer, but nobody will need to bring cash. 

I think the heat is increasing my cantankerousness.

During the shindig G and his friends climbed up the Hermann Monument and stood admiring their vast domain.  All three of them are going to the same college this fall, plus a few more of G's friends.  I'm glad he'll have folks to hang with.

I watered the garden after work in prep for the heat and wind wave tomorrow.  And found the first few ripe berries of the season, surrounded by fringes of dill.  Yum.

So after I typed this blog and decided on the title, I thought 'Hermann and the Heat' was a fairly good band name.  A mix of Herman's Hermits and Canned Heat?  Maybe not.  Anyway, I searched for the name on YouTube and found something worth listening to on a hot June day.


No comments:

Post a Comment