Monday, December 3, 2012

Best parts


During the month we lived at the park, hubby took the boys out for a hike every afternoon.  My eldest saw this as a penance to be endured; the younger two were more enthusiastic.

The hiking trails wind all over the park--through prairies and woods, in and out of valleys, over creeks and past scenic overlooks.  We have trails for hikers, bikers, horseriders, skiers, and snowmobilers.  Whatever your fancy, we've got it covered.  I think that's what I like best about the park so far -- the variety.

That's also what I like best about my job -- the variety of things I do.  I'm not stuck in an office or behind a counter all day.  Yeah, I spend a lot of time in the office (more than you'd think a park ranger should), but I'm also out walking the trails, fixing water lines, inspecting campsites, planting trees, burning prairie, driving tractors, and on and on and on.  Every day is different.  But above all, I am making sure that the people that come to the park have the best darn tootin' time they can have (within reason, of course).  Park rangers help people, first and foremost.

I like that part best, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment