Sunday, May 15, 2022

New beds

Because I just wasn't busy/crazy enough, I decided that I needed more raised beds.  It was easy for me to make this decision, because: a) you can never have enough garden space; b) even if you have too much garden space it isn't enough; and c) I'm not the one actually building the new beds.

Cardboard covered with straw covered with dirt.

So my husband, ever gracious, is building me six more raised beds.  Which will bring our total to 18.  I think maybe, just maybe, that may be enough.  Besides, four of our old beds are starting to fall apart, so we'll need to spend time & money (holy cow lumber is expensive!) fixing those next spring.

Today I made the first harvest of the year - chives and asparagus.  Most of the chives will be chopped and frozen.  The asparagus will be grilled and eaten with supper tonight along with pork chops and rice, one of my mother's favorite recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment