Friday, August 5, 2022

Broken ankle

It's been awhile.  The big news is I broke my ankle on July 2 and have been fairly inactive (outside of work and basic activities) for several weeks.  We did manage a trip to St. Cloud to visit family in early July, however.  I'll show a photo of my psycho-looking sister as proof.

She'll love seeing this.

We also got to see G play the lead in his school's one act play.  He's just graduated, so this was the last play of his high school career.  The play was about the tragedy of memory loss, and he played an old man with Alzheimer's.  I had to fight back tears, watching and imagining my son old and ill and unhappy.  I wanted to rush the stage to comfort him.  B told me later he felt the same way.

I've continued to work while injured, hobbling around in a boot and on crutches.  Nothing exciting to report on the work front.  We've had problems with raccoons in the campground so have been doing some live trapping and relocating.

In preparation for G moving to his first college apartment, I've gotten a few things from online auctions.  Chairs, utensils, bowls, pots, pans, etc.  A big score was buying this china teapot in a lot for $11.  It sells on ebay for $180.

We moved G into his apartment a few days ago.  To mark the event on FB, Hubby put together a collage with various old photos plus one of G at his new computer desk.  G enjoys streaming games and loves the high speed internet he gets in the city.  The big TV is an old cathode ray tube, an absolute necessity when you're speed-running old console video games.  Or so I've been told.

My garden is doing well.  Lettuce and strawberries are done and we're swimming in tomatoes, cucumbers, kale, mint, basil and summer squash.  Beans are just starting and we've picked a few bell peppers.  The sunflowers, cosmos and asters are blooming madly and the carrots are looking great.  And we should be able to harvest the garlic and onions any day. 

That's all for now.  The ankle is slowly healing and I can now walk clumsily in the boot without crutches for short distances.  I'm looking forward to returning to my normal speed, and returning to my normal activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment