Sunday, May 22, 2022

Another quilt post

I went to a church garage sale a week or so ago, looking for things for G's first apartment.  He starts college in August and we've signed him up for a studio apartment close to campus.  Much cheaper than using the dorms.

I found a few things for him - mixing bowls, cake pan, hand mixer.  But my big score was a king-sized second-hand quilt in pristine condition for just $10.  It's not homemade, but it is pretty.  Our current bed quilt is about ten years old and is beginning to fall apart.  One of our cats has the icky habit of throwing-up on the bed, which means we've had to send the quilt through the washer every week or so.  Washing machines are rough on quilts.  And I'm not sure why, but hubby's side of the quilt is in much worse shape than mine.  I think he chews on it in the middle of the night.

The cats inspected the quilt as soon as I laid it out.  And then proceeded to lay on it for the rest of the day.

 I guess cats like quilts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment