Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Good news

Good news!  My vaccination was rescheduled, and relocated.  Instead of a 1.5 hour drive to Willmar last Thursday, I was able to get my shot yesterday in St. Peter a mere 40 minutes away.

No reactions thus far.  Not even a sore arm.  I hope my immune system is doing its thing, and not just ignoring the vaccine.  I don't normally have reactions to vaccines, so I'm trying not to read anything into the no-symptom thing.  We'll see what happens after I get my second shot.

Again, ignore the carbon-caked oven.

Good news!  Hubby is making prime rib for supper.  We had a rib roast left from the last beef in January 2020, so we're having it for supper.  It's half-way through cooking and I must say, it smells divine.  He's making roast potatoes and grilled asparagus for sides.  And au jus for the beef.  So much fantastic food!

Good news!  I have the next six days off of work.  My vacation has accrued to the point where if I don't use it I lose it.  So I'm using it!  No big plans for the time off, just staying warm indoors while the daytime temps outside hover around zero.

Transplanting onion seedlings, last spring.

Good news!  It's almost time to begin my onion seeds!  Hubby has lugged my soap-making supplies down to the basement, and brought my seed-starting supplies up.  I can't wait to run my fingers through lovely loamy dirt again!  Maybe I'll spend part of my time off doing seed germination testing.

Good news!  The plumber came this morning and fixed all of our various plumbing problems.  We had been accumulating water issues over the last few months, trying to avoid calling someone because of COVID.  But with a leaky toilet, leaky sink faucet, broken shower pipe and another unidentified leak dripping water onto the basement ceiling tiles, it was time to get help.  I might have to take out a second mortgage for the bill, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment